Many people order an espresso or reach for an energy drink when they need a boost. However, there are other foods that can give you a similar increase in energy and are, arguably, a lot healthier. Here are a few examples:
- Coconut oil. It contains high quantities of medium chain fats, which are a quick source of energy.
- Honey. It tastes sweet because it's a natural form of sugar. As we all know, sugar gives you a quick boost.
- Iron containing foods. Lack of iron in your diet can leave you feeling sluggish. Adding more beans, spinach, and lentils to your diet – perhaps in salads – can help boost your iron levels.
- Nuts. Almonds, cashews and other nutrient-rich nuts are the ideal quick snack for an energy boost.
- Dark chocolate. It’s great news for chocolate lovers, but keep the portions small.
Finally, not drinking enough water can also rob you of energy. In fact, water may be the best energy-boosting "food" of them all